- 19th September
- 15th September
- 18th March
- 17th March
- 17th March
- 16th March
- 16th January
Sweet Audree Rose turns 3 this year! In only 3 months! With all of the crazy stuff we have going on until then (showers, weddings, school, work, colorado (YAY!), charleston, etc) I wanted to go ahead and get the theme and all of my ideas together. I’m kind of dedicating this blog to my ideas and links of places I want to use to get her stuff! For those of you who follow my blog and will (hopefully) be able to get to the party (cough cough MANDY) you’ll just have to act surprised when you see it in person!
Okay so her theme is…drumroll, please….
I’m so excited!!! She loves everything Minnie and this year’s theme was a no-brainer for mommy to figure out :)
So as I continued my trusty google searching, I noticed that a lot of people are mixing the Minnie theme with Zebra print. At first I was slightly hesitant because I didn’t know if it’d be “right” but I sought after some trusty advice and decided that it’s a must! Here is the banner we want to have for the party!
I can’t get it to rotate but oh well, it’s still cute! It’s from the website http://themommyshops.com/product.php?productid=17939&cat=253&page=1 and I’ll be ordering it ASAP!!
Another idea I had is one that we haven’t done before, but I found it on pinterest.com and I’m obsessed with it!
HOW CUTE IS THAT!?!?!? I love that it’s got the zebra print in it as well as the polka dots and even the Disney font! I”m in love :) I’m trying to decide if it is a better idea to do it on a black shirt since Audree will be running around and probably have a moon-bounce again this year.
Of course I’m already planning to have the Disney themed moon bounce and Minnie Mouse cupcakes for everyone! I’ll have a little cake that I make for her to blow the candles out.
Looks like I’ve got the party already down :) Now to just wait til April!
- 27th December
**I posted this on my teacher blog (Confessions From a First Year Teacher) and I just loved it so much that I had to put it on here too :)
I’ve never done of these before so I thought I’d try it!
Here we go!
11. Favorite movie you watched:
This year’s favorite movie has to be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2! I have watched every single movie as soon as it has come out and read the books multiple times. I find myself wishing I could have gone to Hogwarts and been friends with Harry Potter…or even to have married him myself :) This was the last of the series and I have to admit that I cried. Big time.
10. Favorite TV series: Without a doubt my favorite series is HBO’s True Blood!! Alex and I make it a point to stay up “late” (it comes on at 9..that’s late for us!) and watch it each Sunday. I cannot wait for it to come back!!!
Although that is my favorite, I also love watching Jersey Shore, Teen Mom (1 & 2), One Tree Hill, and Pretty Little Liars :)
9. Favorite restaurant:
Here in Atlanta we have this wonderful place known as…The Cheesecake Factory! I don’t know if I was able to make it there this year but it will always be my absolute favorite! The food is amazing but guess what is better? Their cheesecake! I have found a friend in the White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle.
8. Favorite new thing you tried:
MOST DEFINITELY….Pinterest!!! It is the most amazing website I have ever come across (aside from blogging itself) and I have introduced so many people to it and happily given them this new addiction as well!
7. Favorite gift you got: Yes, a vacuum! It is the most magical vacuum I have ever laid eyes on and I catch myself getting excited to clean! I love to vacuum my furniture, floors (carpet and tile), and even the dust off of furniture.
6. Favorite thing you pinned: Wait, I have to pick just one?! If that’s the case then I guess it’d have to be the name board. I made one for myself, my mom, and my mother in law as Christmas gifts and everyone loved them! My mom has wanted one for so long and I was happy to make one for her! Here are the instructions!
5. Favorite blog post: Am I supposed to pick one of my own? I don’t have one yet! I like what I’ve posted but know that I can be a much better blogger!
4. Best accomplishment: Well that is easy! I graduated in May from Mercer University with my Bachelors of Science in Early Childhood Education and Special Needs! Just a week after graduation I was blessed with my own teaching position at an amazing school! I could not have asked for a bigger accomplishment for the year! I also started working towards my Masters at Mercer as well :)
3. Favorite picture: This picture shows the beautiful little girl that my world revolves around as well as her amazing personality! I could not ask for a sweeter angel!!
2. Favorite memory: This year has been full of blessings within our family and friends! My favorite memory has to be going down to Disney World with Alex, my best friend M. and her boyfriend R. He proposed to her at during the fireworks at Cinderella’s castle and it was PERFECT! M. and I have been through so much together and I love seeing her so happy! This trip was so much fun for so many reasons. Right after we got back we celebrated their engagement and then she moved to Denver, CO to complete her Masters. She is going to be the president one day and hopefully she’ll let me move into the White House to tutor her beautiful children.
1. Goal for 2012: One of my many goals for 2012 is to finish my Masters in Education and to make my classroom as hands-on as possible! I know that my students are learning A TON this year but I know that if I can come up with more activities, their learning will go so much further!
2012…you have a lot to live up to!
- 20th December
Audree’s personal email from Santa Claus! I can’t lie, I teared up watching her get so excited each time he said her name. Nothing is better than seeing Christmas through a child’s eyes…the magic has completely taken her over and I LOVE IT!!
- 20th December
I am on a mission to find new blogs to follow. Figures I’d find a blog that isn’t on tumblr or on blogger. Oh well. Following her tweets will have to be enough :)
Check it out! She has great hair tutorials and explains things NORMALLY!!